- 2 beef top sirloin steaks (6 ounces each)
- 3 teaspoons olive oil, divided
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup oil-packed sun-dried tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- In a large skillet, cook steaks in 1 teaspoon oil over medium-high heat for 4-5 minutes on each side or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- Add the onion, tomatoes, vinegar, sugar, garlic, lemon-pepper and remaining oil to the skillet. Cook and stir for 4-5 minutes or until onion is tender. Spoon over steaks. Yield: 2 servings.
Nutritional Facts1 steak with 2 tablespoons topping equals 331 calories, 17 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 94 mg cholesterol, 226 mg sodium, 10 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 33 g protein.
From Taste of Home