- 2 pounds ground beef
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup picante sauce
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 packages (16 ounces each) egg roll wrappers
- Oil for deep-fat frying
- 1 cup picante sauce
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Remove from the heat. Stir in the cheese, picante sauce, chili seasoning and garlic powder.
- Place 1/4 cupful in the center of an egg roll wrapper. (Keep remaining wrappers covered with a damp paper towel until ready to use.) Fold bottom corner over filling. Fold sides toward center over filling. Moisten remaining corner with water; roll up tightly to seal. Repeat.
- In an electric skillet, heat 1 in. of oil to 375°. Fry egg rolls, a few at a time, for 2-3 minutes on each side or until golden brown. Drain on paper towels. Combine sauce ingredients; serve with egg rolls. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen (1-1/2 cups sauce).Editor’s Note: Fill egg roll wrappers one at a time, keeping the others covered until ready to use. Egg rolls may be reheated in a microwave for 2-1/2 to 3 minutes.
From Taste of Home