This is quick to prepare and tastes great. I serve it over Jasmine Basmati rice. I cook a vegetable on the side. The family loves it. I like it because I can do it in the morning and it comes out so tender.
Char Siu Pork
- 1/4 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 2 teaspoons grated peeled fresh ginger
- 1 teaspoon dark sesame oil
- 1/2 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 2 pounds boneless pork loin roast–cut off all the visible fat
Combine first 8 ingredients in a small bowl, stirring well with a whisk. I cut the roast in half the long way and then brown it first in a very hot fry pan that I spray with Pam. You don’t have to do this. I do it because I like the color better and I think it sears the meat to keep it moist.
Place pork and sauce in an electric slow cooker. Cover and cook on low for 8 hours. I turn the pork over a few times during cooking.
serving size: 3 oz meat and 1/4 cup sauce
- 227 (38% from fat)
- 9.5g (sat 3.1g,mono 3.9g,poly 1.1g)