Thanks for being a part of the team for Free Our Health Care Now! In six weeks, over 465,000 people have signed saying no to government health care!
The House health reform bill will outlaw private insurance coverage that is bought and sold in the open market. Instead, Congress wants to force all private insurance outside the place of work to be purchased in an “exchange” created and controlled by the government. Also, within the “exchange” insurance not approved by the government will be outlawed! So much for private plans! So much for our ability to choose!
What kind of care will you get from the health plan the government does approve? A new federal health board will decide whether your health care is “effective” or “appropriate.” According to Tom Daschle, the idea is based on Britain’s model which has determined that one year of life is worth only $44,000. The health board will consist of 17 bureaucrats appointed by the Secretary of HHS, whose job is to “enable clinicians, patients, consumers, and payers to make more informed health care decisions that improve quality and value.” I don’t need the government to “enable” me to make decisions that improve quality and value for me. Do you?
What can you do about all of this?
- Sign the petition at www.freeourhealthcarenow.com and then forward it to your family, friends and networks! (Track our progress at www.ncpa.org – just click on the ticker link under the eagle.)
- Join our Facebook Cause at http://apps.facebook.com/causes/306019
- Use our Action Pack to access our Learning/Teaching Tools about health care at http://actionpack.ncpa.org/ so you can help educate your friends, family and neighbors.
- Please share the Petition by clicking on your favorite social media icon below.
- Help us continue our important work of educating the public on health care reform by donating $5, $10, $25 or more! To donate, click here.
We are knocking on the door for 500,000 and on our way to 1 million. We need you to be a part of this important effort!