- 3 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 small red onion , chopped
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) crushed tomatoes
- 2 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 can (15.5 ounces) pinto beans , rinsed
- 8 corn tortillas
- Salsa and lettuce and avocado and cheddar cheese and sour cream for serving
Meanwhile, pour 2 tablespoons of oil on to a sheet pan and coat the tortillas. Bake, flipping the tortillas halfway through, until crisp, 8 to 10 minutes.
Stir the tomatoes, chili powder, salt and pepper into the skillet and simmer, about 3 minutes. Make a well in the middle of the turkey mixture. Add the beans and mash with the back of a spoon. Continue to cook, stirring, until heated through.
Top the warm tortillas with the turkey mixture and add salsa, lettuce, avocado, cheddar cheese and sour cream to taste.