- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3 bananas, mashed
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon butter
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Lightly grease 10 muffin cups, or line with muffin papers.
- In a large bowl, mix together 1 1/2 cups flour, baking soda, baking powder and salt. In another bowl, beat together bananas, sugar, egg and melted butter. Stir the banana mixture into the flour mixture just until moistened. Spoon batter into prepared muffin cups.
- In a small bowl, mix together brown sugar, 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Cut in 1 tablespoon butter until mixture resembles coarse cornmeal. Sprinkle topping over muffins.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into center of a muffin comes out clean.
Calories: 263 | Total Fat: 8.1g | Cholesterol: 40mg
I’ve made these (as have thousands of others) and they really are the best banana muffins. Thanks for keeping this recipe on the move!
Did you make these Nikki? MMMmmmmm. My mom would love these. I may have to pick up some banana’s and make her some.
NO! I’m so mad. I took the bananas out of the freezer, they were all thawed out and then I realized I was out of baking soda! How does one run out of baking soda?! 😦 So, I’m picking up some tonight and more bananas, but now I have to wait for them to get black again.
I got everything to make these. I bought ripe bananas so they should be ready by the weekend. I’ll make extra for you all, and Fana.