Joy, I ground some boneless chicken breast and some boneless chicken thighs in my food processor, just a good rough chop and used that. It was good!
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 pound ground dark meat chicken
- 8 scallions, white and green parts, minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 2/3 cup water chestnuts, chopped
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 1 large head butter lettuce, leaves separated
- Warm the oil in a skillet or wok over medium-high heat. Add the chicken, scallions, and cornstarch and cook, stirring constantly, until the chicken is cooked and broken into pieces, 3 to 4 minutes. Add the water chestnuts, soy sauce, ginger, and oyster sauce and cook for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- To serve, take 1 lettuce leaf at a time and spoon a heaping tablespoon of the chicken mixture into the center. Wrap the lettuce around the filling. Serve.