- 3 tbsp grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp fresh mint, minced
- 5 tsps olive oil
- 1/4 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsps chopped red onion
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup shredded nonfat mozzarella cheese
- Cut zucchinis in half lengthwise; scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4″ shells.
- Brush with 2 teaspoons oil; set aside. Chop pulp.
- In a large skillet, sauté pulp and onion in remaining oil.
- Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add bread crumbs; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove from the heat. Stir in the mozzarella cheese, mint and salt.
- Spoon into zucchini shells. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Grill covered, over medium heat for 8-10 minutes or until zucchini is tender.
- Note: you can also make them in the oven.
|Serving Size 1 serving|
|Amount Per Serving|
Calories from Fat 70
|% Daily Values*|
|Total Fat 7.81g||12%|
|Saturated Fat 1.704g||9%|
|Polyunsaturated Fat 1.028g|
|Monounsaturated Fat 4.271g|
|Total Carbohydrate 17.46g||6%|
|Dietary Fiber 3.2g||13%|