This used to be my kind of thing. I’d make stuff like this and freeze them once a week so our mornings were smoother and breakfast was always ready. This looks sooooo good and I love that you can put in them whatever you want to.
- 12 eggs beaten
- 1 lb bulk sausage, cooked (or crumbled links)
- 1/2 cup chunky salsa (your choice of heat)
- 24 flour tortillas (you can also use whole wheat)
- 2 cups cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 green pepper, finely diced (optional)
- 6 potatoes, shredded and fried until cooked through (optional) or 6 hash browns (optional)
- jalapeno, slices (optional)
- 1 (4-ounce) can chopped green chilies (optional)
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, finely minced (optional)
- 1 onion, finely diced (optional)
- 1 tomato, peeled and chopped (optional)
- 2 green onions, sliced with tops (optional)
Scramble eggs in large skillet until done; stir in cooked sausage and salsa.
Warm tortillas in microwave 20-30 seconds or until warm and flexible.
Place 1/2 cup egg mixture into tortilla, sprinkle with cheese, then roll burrito-style.
Freeze burritos in single layer on lightly greased cookie sheet.
When fully frozen, wrap burritos individually; place wrapped burritos in large zip-top freezer bags; freeze.
TO SERVE: Unwrap burritos from foil or plastic wrap that you used for freezing.
Wrap in a paper towel.
Cook in microwave until heated through (about 2 minutes).
Or thaw burritos (remove plastic wrap if used in freezing), wrap burritos in foil, and bake at 350 degrees for 10 minutes.