Boy, would Trinity ever love these. We both like the Kellogg’s bar and this looks even better.
- 1 3/4 cups crushed pretzel pieces
- 6 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 1/2 cups sugar
- 1/2 cup butter
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 Tablespoons cocoa powder
- 2/3 cups chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups creamy peanut butter
- 1/3 cup powdered sugar
1. Grease and flour a 8 x 8 baking dish and preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a medium size bowl, combine the crushed pretzel with melted butter until moist. Then press the soft pretzel mixture into the bottom of your baking dish. Give the layer of pretzels a shot of non-stick cooking spray to really glue them into place.
3. Beat the sugar and butter together until fluffy. One by one, add in the two eggs and then the vanilla. Then add in flour, salt, and cocoa and mix about 2 to 3 minutes, or until well combined. Delicately fold in your chocolate chips.
4. Carefully spread your brownie mix on top of your pretzel crust using a spatula sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Bake until the brownies are baked through, or about 25 to 30 minutes.
5. Melt peanut butter in the microwave when the brownies have about 2 minutes left baking in the oven. Then, stir in 2/3 cup powdered sugar into your melted peanut butter until all the lumps are gone. Remove brownies from the oven, and spread melted peanut butter mixture on top. Refrigerate brownies until the peanut butter has hardened again, at least 1 to 2 hours. Then cut into bars, and enjoy!
From How Sweet It Is