Since we’ve being doing our weight loss challenges, we’ve been eating a lot of salads. We love taco’s so what we’ve done is we eat a nice salad like this and I don’t use shells or chips. I just put the lettuce on first and build up. The meat and cheese have protein and you can use low fat sour cream.
1 pound lean ground beef
1 package taco seasoning mix
1/4 cup water
1 large head romaine lettuce, torn into pieces
1 1/2 cups chopped tomatoes
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 cups tortilla chips, coarsely crushed
1/2 cup sour cream
2 Tablespoons salsa
1. Brown ground beef in large nonstick skillet sprayed with cooking spray on medium-high heat; drain.
2. Add taco seasoning mix and water to the ground beef; mix well.
3. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to medium-low; simmer 3 min.
4. Divide lettuce among four plates. On each plate, place in even amounts, the meat mixture, tomatoes, cheese and tortilla chips.
5. Top with sour cream and salsa.