• 8 tbsp. vegetable oil
• 3 tbsp. minced garlic
• 2 tbsp. minced fresh ginger
• Coarse salt
• 2 cups sliced leeks
• 4 cups day-old cooked rice
• Mild chili powder (or gochugaru)
• 4 large eggs
• 2 tsp. sesame oil
• 2 tsp. soy sauce
1. Heat 4 tbsp. vegetable oil in a small, nonstick skillet over high heat. Add 1 tbsp. each of garlic and ginger. Cook until crisp, two minutes. Transfer mixture to a paper-towel-lined plate with a slotted spoon. Sprinkle with a pinch of salt.
2. Heat 3 tbsp. vegetable oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add remaining garlic and ginger and cook for 30 seconds. Add leeks and cook until they begin to soften, about two minutes. Add rice and cook, stirring often, until it begins to brown, about five minutes. Season with salt to taste and ½-1 tsp. chili powder.
3. Heat 1 tbsp. vegetable oil in a nonstick skillet. Add eggs and fry according to your preference. Sprinkle each egg with a pinch of chili powder.
4. Put rice on platter. Top with fried eggs. Sprinkle with fried garlic and ginger, and drizzle with sesame oil and soy sauce.