- 4 large ripe bananas, peeled and cut into thirds crosswise
- 3/4 cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips, melted (see Tip)
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- Peel 4 large ripe bananas, cut in thirds and insert a popsicle stick into the cut end of each piece. Melt ¾ cup semisweet or bittersweet chocolate chips. Cover each piece of banana with melted chocolate and sprinkle with coconut. (Reheat chocolate, as needed, to keep it melted.) Place the bananas on a baking sheet lined with parchment or wax paper and freeze until frozen, about 2 hours.
TIPS & NOTES
- Make Ahead Tip: Store airtight in the freezer for up to 1 week. | Equipment: 12 wooden popsicle sticks
- Tip: To melt chocolate, microwave on Medium for 1 minute. Stir, then continue microwaving on Medium, stirring every 20 seconds, until melted. Or place chocolate in the top of a double boiler over hot, but not boiling, water. Stir until melted.
Per serving: 100 calories; 4 g fat ( 3 g sat , 1 g mono ); 4 mg cholesterol; 6 g carbohydrates; 6 g added sugars; 1 g protein; 2 g fiber; 7 mg sodium; 207 mg potassium.
“we made this for a simple friday night dessert. but instead of coconut, we rolled them in chopped peanuts. my 4 yr old loved them. you could also try candy sprinkles. “
From Eating Well