Oh… my… goodness, y’all. I made this over the weekend, and WHOA, is it GOOD!!! Pretty easy, too. I used store-bought ice for it, had to buy it anyway, and those cubes always seem to be a little less solid than my freezer’s ready-made ones.
- 3 Tablespoons Granulated Sugar
- 1 package Hot Cocoa Mix (about 3 Tablespoons)
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter
- ⅓ cups Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
- ⅓ cups White Chocolate Chips
- 12 ounces, fluid Can Evaporated Milk, Divided
- 4-½ cups Ice
- Whipped Cream, To Taste
- Mini Marshmallows, To Taste
Combine sugar, cocoa mix, and butter in the top of a double boiler that is set over gently boiling water. Stir often until melted and a smooth paste forms. Add semi-sweet & white chocolate chips; stir. When chips begin to melt, slowly stir in 1/2 cup of evaporated milk. Stir until smooth. Cool to room temperature.
Combine the chocolate base mixture, the remaining evaporated milk and ice in a blender (you can do this in batches) and cover. Blend until smooth. Pour into frosty glasses. Top each with whipped cream. Sprinkle with additional chopped chocolate chips & mini marshmallows, if desired.
I cannot take credit for this awesomeness. I found it at Tasty Kitchen.