- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1/3 cup minced red bell pepper
- 1/3 cup minced celery
- 1/4 cup minced onion
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken
- 1 3/4 cups panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- Creole Sauce
- In a small skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Add red bell pepper, celery, and onion, and cook 5 minutes, or until tender.
- In a large bowl, combine chicken, panko, and red bell pepper mixture; set aside.
- In a small bowl, combine mayonnaise, eggs, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and seasoned salt. Add to chicken mixture, tossing gently to combine. Form mixture into 10 patties.
- In a large skillet, melt remaining 2 tablespoons butter over medium heat. Cook chicken cakes, in batches, if necessary 3 to 5 minutes per side, or until browned. Serve with tangy Creole Sauce.
From Paula Deen