- 2 pork loin chops, approx 3/4″ thick
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 apple, sliced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 2 cups apple juice
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- Cook rice, as instructed on your package, using 1 cup chicken broth and 1 cup apple juice instead of water. Reserve 1 cup apple juice for later.
- Spray a nonstick frying pan with cooking spray.
- Cook pork chops on medium high heat until browned on both sides, approx 6 to 7 minutes on each side. Remove from pan and set aside.
- In the same pan melt butter, add celery, apple slices and thyme and cook until semi tender.
- Combine cooked rice, celery and apple mixture, and place in cast iron frying pan. Pour reserved cup of apple juice over this mixture.
- Place pork chops on top, cover with foil and bake in 375º oven for 30 minutes.
- Remove foil and serve right from the frying pan. A salad or coleslaw would be a nice addition to this meal.
looks yummy! I pinned it 🙂
Awesome. Thanks. That could bring people here. I like to pin from here.
This does sound good!