Whoa! I just read this on our local news website and thought, “I wonder what everyone else would think of this!” The short version is Minnesota is starting a campaign to tell people that if they qualify for food stamps, they should be enrolled in the program. According to the story, 65% of people in MN who qualify are actually receiving this aide. So, they are aiming this campaign at the other 35% of people who qualify for help, but are not receiving it for one reason or another. Like I said, that’s the short version. Here’s the full story.
So, what do you think? Do you think a state should spend money on a campaign to get more people on government assistance? Do you think the idea is going to work or are you hitting your hand to your forehead right now?!