- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 cup old-fashioned oats
- 1 package (14 ounces) caramels
- 1/3 cup half-and-half cream
- 1 cup semisweet chocolate chunks
- 1 cup salted cashew halves, chopped
- In a large bowl, cream butter and brown sugar until light and fluffy. Beat in egg. Combine flour and oats; gradually add to creamed mixture.
- Press into a 13-in. x 9-in. baking pan coated with cooking spray. Bake at 350° for 15-18 minutes or until golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine caramels and cream. Cook over low heat for 4-5 minutes or until caramels are melted, stirring occasionally. Pour over crust. Sprinkle with chocolate chunks and cashews.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes or until chocolate is melted. Cool on a wire rack before cutting. Yield: about 3 dozen.
Nutritional Facts1 bar equals 158 calories, 8 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 89 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein.
From Taste of Home