- 6 mini tri-coloured sweet peppers
- 3/4 cup spreadable cream cheese
- 1/4 cup smoked salmon, flaked, OR 1/4 cup chopped dates, OR 1/4 cup chopped dried apricots
- Wash peppers. Slice off top making a little cap. Scoop out seeds and membrane of peppers.
- Choose your option and stir into cream cheese until well blended.
- Using a small spoon, fill mini peppers heaping full. Place cap on top. I have a pepper stand which I place onto a baking sheet to catch any filling that over flows. If you don’t have a pepper stand just lean them up against the side of a deep oven proof dish. You can also lay them on their side, but you will loose some of your filling as it heats.
- Bake in 375º oven for 15-20 minutes. The filling will puff up a little as they roast and the pepper skin will become tender and wrinkled along with a few charred marks.
The pepper stand can be found at most kitchen stores. It’s also used for roasting jalapeno peppers, and works great on the BBQ. Mine was about $10.00. and it came with a corer.