- 16 ounces or about 450 grams dried Rotini pasta to make 8 cups cooked
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 cup 1% cottage cheese
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups 2% milk
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoon melted butter
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil and add in 1 tablespoon salt.
Boil the Rotini until just tender. Rinse and set aside.
In a large microwave safe bowl or saucepan…melt the butter.
Stir in the flour and salt and stir until smooth. Add a little milk, whisk until smooth and repeat until all the milk has been added. Cook and stir over medium heat or in the microwave, stirring at one minute intervals until the white sauce is thick and bubbly.
Remove from heat and add the cheeses and the pasta.
Turn into a greased casserole dish.
Combine the bread crumbs with the melted butter and sprinkle over the pasta.
Bake uncovered in a 375 oven about 30 minutes or until nicely toasted on top and bubbly around the edges.