- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 8 to 10 romaine leaves
- 12 cups torn mixed salad greens
- 8 thick-sliced bacon strips, cooked and crumbled
- 1 cup diced avocado
- 1 cup finely chopped cooked chicken breast
- 1 cup chopped seeded tomatoes
- 2 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
- Edible pansies, optional
- For dressing, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, mayonnaise, blue cheese, vinegar, salt and pepper. Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour.
- Line an 8-in. decorative flowerpot with plastic wrap or use a serving bowl. Arrange romaine around the edge; fill with mixed greens. Arrange the bacon, avocado, chicken, tomatoes and eggs in a spoke pattern over greens. Garnish with pansies if desired. Serve with dressing. Yield: 6 servings.
Editor’s Note: Verify that flowers are edible and have not been treated with chemicals.
Nutritional Facts1 serving (1-2/3 cups) equals 431 calories, 35 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 140 mg cholesterol, 797 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 17 g protein.
From Taste of Home
I love cobb salads. This sounds really good to me right now.