- 1 cup flour
- 1 cup cornmeal
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- In a medium size bowl, whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- In a small bowl, whisk eggs and buttermilk, add melted butter and whisk until well blended.
- Pour into dry ingredients and stir only until combined. Do not overmix.
- Grease an 8″ square pan and pour batter into the pan.
- Bake at 400º for 22 minutes or until toothpick inserted comes clean. It will have a nice golden color.