- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1/2 (16-oz.) package farfalle (bow-tie) pasta
- 1 pound fresh broccoli
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup diced red onion
- 1/3 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups seedless red grapes, halved
- 8 cooked bacon slices, crumbled
- 1. Preheat oven to 350°. Bake pecans in a single layer in a shallow pan 5 to 7 minutes or until lightly toasted and fragrant, stirring halfway through.
- 2. Prepare pasta according to package directions.
- 3. Meanwhile, cut broccoli florets from stems, and separate florets into small pieces using tip of a paring knife. Peel away tough outer layer of stems, and finely chop stems.
- 4. Whisk together mayonnaise and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl; add broccoli, hot cooked pasta, and grapes, and stir to coat. Cover and chill 3 hours. Stir bacon and pecans into salad just before serving.
I really like the inventive way that you’re using grapes. The salad looks so fresh, too. Do you buy organic?
This looks SUPER good minus the pecans 🙂
Pecans are my VERY least favorite nut, right behind walnuts.
LOL!! Toby was talking about this Sunday. We all love nuts but not in our food. I think it’s my fault my boys don’t like nuts in their food. I think it’s so gross.
LOL That’s funny.
It’s always funny to watch the people at DQ, when Jason orders a “peanut buster parfait without nuts”….just ask for a large chocolate sundae!
I found this recipe at Southern Living, I forgot to include the link in the recipe. Doesn’t it sound good? I want to try it soon. I’m thinking the next BBQ.
It does sound really good. I may use a few green grapes too.
I love grapes in salads! looks great!!
Come check out our food blog!!
that looks good.I dont like nuts in my food either girls.With the exception of walnuts in a chicken salad sandwich I make.In there they are awesome!
Our deli makes a Chicken cashew salad, with grapes. It’s SO good!!!!
I love that chicken cashew salad too. I can eat the cashews in that one. I wish I could copy that mayo mixture they use but I can’t. It’s creamy with a little sweet but tastes nothing like a mayo or a salad dressing. What do you think it is??
I love this salad and I don’t mind nuts in my food for the most part.