- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 6 slices fully cooked ham
- 6 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon rubbed sage
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- Chopped fresh parsley, optional
- Flatten chicken to 1/8-in. thickness. Place ham and cheese on each breast. Roll up and tuck in ends; secure with a toothpick.
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the flour, cheese, sage, paprika and pepper; add the chicken. Seal bag; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- In a large skillet, brown chicken in oil over medium-high heat. Transfer to a 5-qt. slow cooker. Combine soup and broth; pour over chicken. Cover and cook on low for 4-5 hours or until chicken is tender. Remove toothpicks. Garnish with parsley if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts1 serving (1 each) equals 525 calories, 26 g fat (10 g saturated fat), 167 mg cholesterol, 914 mg sodium, 9 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 60 g protein.
From Taste of Home