- 1 package (16 ounces) spiral pasta
- 1 pound ground beef
- 3/4 cup water
- 1 envelope taco seasoning
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 large green pepper, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 2 cans (2-1/4 ounces each) sliced ripe olives, drained
- 1 bottle (16 ounces) Catalina or 16 ounces Western salad dressing
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a skillet, cook beef over medium heat until no longer pink; drain. Add water and taco seasoning; simmer, uncovered for 15 minutes.
- Rinse pasta in cold water and drain; place in a large bowl. Add beef mixture, cheese, green pepper, onion, tomato and olives; mix well. Add the dressing and toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Yield: 10 servings.If you’ll be refrigerating Sombrero Pasta Salad for more than 1 hour, reserve 1/2 cup dressing to stir into the salad just before serving.
Nutritional Facts1 serving (1 each) equals 548 calories, 29 g fat (9 g saturated fat), 46 mg cholesterol, 941 mg sodium, 53 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 19 g protein.