Pull Up an Outboard

Yep. I’m back in the great Northwoods again. If I try really hard, maybe nobody will notice and I can sneak off and steal a piece of land and just *stay* here. It’s so beautiful, and peaceful up here, I just love it. Don’t like the prices… JEEhosephat, are things expensive!! But it’s a trade-off, so I won’t complain much.

That motor up there is our main source of transportation for the week, as we go from cabin to lake and back, trying to tie into The Big One. Or at least “dinner”. So far, though, I’m skunked. Still fun.

So that’s my news from the weekend, and the rest of the week. What’s yours?

This entry was posted in Pull Up Monday and tagged . Bookmark the permalink.

14 Responses to Pull Up an Outboard

  1. Joy says:

    There was no pic here. Laura, if yous see this and want me to add something, tell me what.

    • Laura says:

      Well, crap. I inserted a picture…. or I thought I did. And then I was going to replace it with a picture of the boat that we’re using, and I got so excited about going out and using my new fishing pole that I totally forgot my camera!! I’ll try re-inserting the original pic.

    • Joy says:

      Looks great. You have a laptop there?

      • Laura says:

        Yep. It took a bit of wrangling, but we finally got it to talk to their wireless connection. And now I’m up and running. It’s handy – not only am I not going into severe withdrawal, I can get actual weather reports, so we don’t have to rely on reports for “kinda close” areas.

  2. skl1 says:

    I spent the weekend working (and playing on the internet when I was supposed to be working). The coming week will be the same, with the exception of my kids’ “graduation” Tuesday night. I really don’t have anything exciting to share. The weather has been off and on rainy and nice here. I like it, especially since I haven’t been trying to do anything that got rained out. I’m about to pull an all-nighter tonight (though I’m tired just thinking about it), so I should probably get back to it.

    Have a great week, everyone!

  3. Laura says:

    Well, I got completely skunked today, unless you count that northern that followed my lure all the way to the boat but refused to bite. i HATE when they do that!!

    I’m throwing everything at them… Mepps spinners (I’m a squirrel-tail girl), Rapalas, Jitterbugs, even a Rapala Rattler. Nothing. Josh, the little turkey, caught a 21″ Northern last night (first night out), and lost another one at the boat this afternoon.

    Well, it’s only Monday. Maybe I’ll have better luck now that I have a new pole! Did I mention that I bought a NEW POLE today??? It’s an open-face. My first ever! I’m so excited!

  4. Nikki says:

    Hope you catch some fish today! I’d say, have fun, but I already know you are! How could you not be having fun there.

    Well, our weekend was not what I expected but it turned out good anyhow. Friday night after supper, we decided to get the boat out on the lake. Nothing. Not even a bite. I think we’re done with that lake and will stick to our normal fishing spot. Bailey ended up getting a bad headache. As soon as we got home, the throwing up started (7pm) and it didn’t stop all night. Every hour, he was throwing up. 😦 Fever, body aches followed. That was an awful night. Saturday he didn’t leave his bed, other than to go to the bathroom. Since we were stuck around the house, Jason and I watched ALL 6 hours of Hatfield’s & McCoy’s. All at once. It was incredible and I’m so glad we sat an watched it. Saturday night, Bailey finally slept and woke up feeling a lot better. He rested most of Sunday.

    Sunday morning I went over to our grandma’s and pulled some weeds for her. Went home, and Jason and I mowed the back yard and just cleaned up everything. We finally burned the last of the cardboard left over from the moving boxes. For supper, I went and picked up our grandma, went and got some pizza’s and came back here to eat. That made her so happy. I know she gets lonely. And I feel bad that that thought never crossed my mind, to have her over for supper during the weekends. I don’t know why, and now I feel horrible about that. So, we will do that much more often. She was so happy when I took her home.

    Today is the big day for Bailey. His 1st band concert, and I can’t wait! He is going to look so handsome, too. They have a dress code, nice black pants, white dress shirt. And a tie, just because, why not??? 4 days of school left, and I can’t wait for that either.

    So that was our weekend. The weather was beautiful! Bailey was so mad that he was sick, on such a nice day. He could have been out fishing!!! 😉

    • Joy says:

      My mom was so happy this morning Nikki. Everything you did for her, thank you so much. She said it looks so nice now on her patio and she LOVED eating pizza on your deck. She talked about it for a long time. Thank you very much. I’m trying to get her to come out here for a weekend but she just won’t budge. I’d like for her to get away for the weekend but her eye sight is starting to make her not want to leave home for long. I know she does get lonely and that little thing really made her happy so thanks for doing that.

  5. Joy says:

    We worked our butts off this weekend and I have to say that after the last two, our yard looks wonderful. Almost all the flowers I want are in and planted. I’d like to pick up a few more when I’m out and about that are just maybe a little different. I love looking out and seeing color. We went to Fleet Farm yesterday and I got some cute yard jewelry. Just fun stuff and a few solar thingys. I only have a few things to do today and I’m home free for a few hours. I’m really looking forward to sitting with a book today for a few hours.

    Tonight Sue and I are going in to Bailey’s concert. I can’t wait to see him play. I was so worried he’d not feel good enough today being how sick he was on Sat so I’m super happy.

    Other than that, I’m going to go enjoy some time off. I really need to stay off the computer more for a while. I just need the break. Have a great week all and remember, anything interesting you’d like to talk about or anything you’d like to share, please do.

  6. SKL says:

    Well, last night and today have been interesting! Partner-boss’s brother-in-law died so she had to make an emergency trip halfway across the world to be with her sister. She had a flight for midday today and didn’t realize until this morning that her long-term visa expired last month! So you can imagine how that went. She’s always in emergency mode anyway (workaholic) so this just made it more crazy.

    Also yesterday my computer conked out. I thought I had it back working, but my work email system would not kick back in. I spent the whole night trying different fixes, including the one that has been running for the past 6 hours (it’s 76% done!) which was the second one I downloaded off the internet. No idea if this one will work. Meanwhile I’m trying to set up my “new” computer but it is so old that the original antivirus expired, etc., and it does not have the work email on it. So I’ve got one computer trying to set up, another computer trying to repair itself, and I’m doing what I can on my Blackberry. To respond to an email asking for an attachment, I have to email from my Blackberry to my Hotmail and then hope I can find the email addresses. Luckily I “only” have one call today (in about 15 minutes) and I have finally gotten to the point where I can look at the files I’ll need for the call. (At least, I think I only have one call. I can’t access my calendar to confirm.)

    Needless to say, I did not finish my scheduled work last night, despite getting almost no sleep. Bah. And I was scrambling to get my kids to school on time, and they ended up being late AND I forgot to put some piano stuff in their bags. I think I’ve earned a parenting awshit for today.

    Oh, and my daughter seems to have an infection. I will need to set up a doc visit at a new doc office now that our insurance phased out the plan we had. Of course I need the internet to do that, so I haven’t been able to do it yet (just finally got the internet ready for business). I just hope my daughter is healing and not getting worse.

    I shall go get a cup of coffee to help me survive the next hour.

    I hope everyone else’s day is going better!

  7. SKL says:

    So I got my “new” computer set up for the most part. I was so ecstatic to find that not only was I able to set up my work email (always complicated because it links to all kinds of web stuff), but I did not lose any emails in the transition. Thank goodness I had backed up my old computer shortly before the email bombed. The thought of losing thousands of emails was not a pleasant one.

    Of course, now I have to figure out how to use this computer. Everything is different. It keeps deleting stuff I didn’t mean to delete, and zooming in and out, and the the shift and delete buttons are in weird places. And it doesn’t use Vista, which is a horrible program but the one I was used to. I’ll figure it out eventually, but right now it’s stressful because I don’t have time for this. Not that I ever do.

    I should be preparing for a call and working on some projects. But I’m on overload right now. I’m nervous about this call because it may be controversial and partner-boss (who normally does the fighting stuff) is not here to handle that part of it. Plus I have not had time to read all the long, contentious emails that have been going back and forth on this project for the past couple of days. Ugh. I will take a short break and get back to it.

    • Joy says:

      Good luck. I hate getting used to a new computer. But now you’ll have sound. YAY!!!

      • SKL says:

        I know . . . I turned the sound down all the way so I could hide my sound-making activities from anyone who might happen to think I should be working – but at least I can turn it up again when I want to.

        Who knew that MahJong made noises? Can’t have that during a conference call.

        I did live through today’s call. Immediately thereafter partner-boss called about 5 times from the airport she’s at and I sent her to voice mail. So she sent an email. “Send me a status update!” There is no rest for the weary.

        On the positive side, I did sleep last night.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s