- 1 pound fresh strawberries
- 2 packages (one 8 ounces, one 3 ounces) cream cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- Grated chocolate
- Remove stems from strawberries; cut a deep “X” in the tip of each berry. Gently spread berries open.
- In a small bowl, beat the cream cheese, confectioners’ sugar and extract until light and fluffy. Pipe or spoon about 2 teaspoons into each berry; sprinkle with chocolate. Chill until serving. Yield: about 3 dozen.
From Taste of Home