- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/2 cup light rum
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 2 cups each cantaloupe, honeydew and seedless watermelon balls
- 2 cups cubed fresh pineapple
- 3 mint sprigs
- Additional mint sprigs, optional
- In a small saucepan, combine sugar and water. Cook and stir over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Remove from the heat. Stir in the rum, lime juice and peel. Cool.
- In a large bowl, combine the melon, pineapple and mint. Add marinade; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Discard mint. Spoon fruit with syrup into serving cups. Garnish with additional mint if desired. Yield: 10 servings.
From Taste of Home
I want this for our next get together.