- 1 large egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons prepared marinara sauce
- 1 whole-wheat English muffin, split and toasted
- 2 tablespoons shredded Italian cheese blend
- 2 slices pepperoni (optional)
- Preheat oven or toaster oven broiler.
- Coat a small nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat. Add egg and cook, stirring often, until set into soft curds, 1 to 2 minutes. Spread marinara sauce on English muffin halves. Top with the scrambled egg, cheese and pepperoni (if using). Broil until the cheese is melted, 1 to 3 minutes.
Per serving: 265 calories; 10 g fat ( 4 g sat , 3 g mono ); 223 mg cholesterol; 30 g carbohydrates; 4 g added sugars; 16 g protein; 5 g fiber; 598 mg sodium; 308 mg potassium.
“delish! we used to make these mini pizzas as a quick lunch or snack when i was a kid and we always experimented with toppings. The addition of egg makes it a breakfast food and I used vegetarian breakfast sausage instead of pepperoni. “
From Eating Well